The following land transactions were filed in Marion County Chancery Court during the week ending May 31:
Tuesday, May 28
• Charles L. May and Cindy F. May to Hill Land Holdings LLC
Wednesday, May 29
• Vicky Wesley to Anthony Tyler Thomas
Clint McMurry, director of the Columbia Law Enforcement Training Academy, presents Marion County Board of Supervisors President Terry Broome with a certificate of appreciation Tuesday for the board’s continuing support of the academy. It is located on county-owned property at the BusinessPlex (former Columbia Training School).
Editor’s Note: Information printed in the “Fire Report” comes via the responding department(s). The Columbian-Progress will correct any errors. Call Editor Charlie Smith at (601) 736-2611 to request a correction or clarification.
Monday, May 27
Editor’s Note: The following people were booked into the Marion County Jail by local law enforcement agencies from May 27 to June 2. The Columbian-Progress will correct any errors. Call Editor Charlie Smith at (601) 736-2611 to request a correction.
The following incorporations were made in May in Marion County, according to the Secretary of State’s Office:
• C Town Towing LLC, 229 Stuckey Road, Columbia
• JC’s Shack LLC, 35 Gates Road, Columbia
• A & A Consulting LLC, 702 Main St., Columbia
• Raynes Farms LLC, 150 Old Hwy 98, Columbia