Yesterday I bought some absolutely delicious strawberries. Besides just eating them straight from the plastic container, I began thinking of different combinations of strawberries — strawberries and ice cream, strawberries and pound cake, strawberries and cream. This recipe satisfies all those strawberry cravings.
When is a road not a road?
The Marion County Board of Supervisors is confronted with two questions over whether roads are private or public.
The following entities incorporated in Marion County during March, according to the Mississippi Secretary of State’s Office:
• ACAM Crane Consulting LLC, 270 Singley Road, Columbia
• Southern Touch Services LLC, 46 Bobbys Lane, Columbia
• Quality Inspection Services McComb, LLC, 60 McCain Lane, Foxworth
The following marriage license applications were received by the Marion County Circuit Clerk’s Office during the week of April 2:
• Frank Clymouth Sylvest of Columbia and Laura Ann Johnson of Columbia.
• Roger Dale Peak of Columbia and Susan Beth McDermott of New York.
Editor’s Note: Information printed in the “Fire Report” comes via the responding department(s). The Columbian-Progress will correct any errors. Call Editor Charlie Smith at (601) 736-2611 to request a correction or clarification.
Monday, April 2
Editor’s Note: The following people were booked into the Marion County Jail by local law enforcement agencies over the past week. The Columbian-Progress will correct any errors. Call Editor Charlie Smith at (601) 736-2611 to request a correction.
Marion County health stats
• Obesity rate, 32.3 percent (state rate is 35.1 percent)
• Physically inactive, 39.7 percent (34.8 percent statewide)
• Smokers, 25 percent (24.1 percent statewide)
Mississippi Department of Health, 2011 through 2015 self-reported statistics
Columbia will be represented this weekend at Carnegie Hall as 10 members of the Columbia High School Concert Choir sing at the prestigious New York venue.
Director Kim Walley and students will leave early Thursday to participate in the Sunday performance of Dan Forrest’s “Jubilate Deo.”