The Columbian Progress and our exceptional staff have won many awards over the years. Our publication has garnered recognition from news agencies since our inception in 1935.
The history of our publication runs deep into the developmental history of our community. Much of our work routinely impacts both local and state-wide elements within Mississippi.
Our editorial standards, consistent striving for excellence and our general sense of integrity have led to our paper featuring some outstanding award-winning journalism. Listed below are some of our most recent awards.
• Retail Ad – Color, 3rd Place: The Columbian Progress - Cameron Cummins & Ashley Clark, "Wolfe Lumber Yard Ad"
• Financial Ad – Color, 2nd Place: The Columbian Progress - Ashley Clark, "Columbia Credit E.T. Ad"
• Grocery or Restaurant Ad – Color, 1st Place: The Columbian Progress - Cameron Cummins, "Fox's Pizza Coupon Ad"
• Small Space Ad - B&W or Color, 2nd Place: The Columbian Progress - Cameron Cummins, "Marion County Rodeo Ad"
• Theme Page, 3rd Place: The Columbian Progress - Cameron Cummins & Ashley Clark, "Easter Theme Pages"
As a final note, we would like to thank each member of our staff for helping us achieve this level of recognition over the years. We sincerely appreciate how driven they have been toward the cause of great journalism.
We would also like to thank our readers, who remain committed to keeping up with the news from Columbia.